Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cheesecake, Not Don Y's 5 hour

On 05/18/2016 10:10 AM, HerHusband wrote:
Yet another huge time sink in preparation...
and mere gulpseconds to see it all disappear!

Since I cook most of our meals, that's one of the things that always
annoys me. I can spend hours making a meal or dessert, but it only takes
a few minutes to eat it. That just seems wrong somehow.

those same folks see nothing wrong with shoveling it down in one day!

Cookies are my weakness. Sweet, chewy, and easy to grab. I always eat way
too many in a day when I make cookies.

I like cookies. NOT the "hard a a rock" cookies sold in stores. I'll get
then to coke out soft when I bake them (impossible for some people since
time is critical [9 minutes good, 10 minutes hard], but worth it).

If I order a burger somewhere and it arrives with (any kind of) cheese
on it, I send it back.

Not me, I request cheese if they don't include it already. Pepper jack is
best, cheddar works, American will pass if that's all they have.

Or go Hawaiian with swiss cheese, pineapple, and teriyaki sauce.

it is REALLY pungent

Nope, I'll pass on smelly cheeses...

I seem to remember a story involving an (institutional) kitchen accident
with smelly cheese. Someone called it "a feta worse than death".

[snip]

My wife also loves carrot cake with massive amounts of cream cheese
frosting. Definitely not my thing.

I don't want that. I also don't want any red velvet cake yogurt. Red
velvet cake is good cake. YOGURT isn't cake.

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Being surprised at the fact that the universe is fine tuned for life is
akin to a puddle being surprised at how well it fits its hole" --
Douglas Adams