Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Best Buy sucks

On 5/17/2016 11:52 AM, wrote:
I bought an oven on Best Buy (online) on 4/4. Originally the delivery
was 2 weeks, then that became a month and a week, then a month and ~2
weeks, then they just canceled the order, item not available without
informing me in any way (4/22). I did not find out until I enquired
about when they were coming today.

Companies do things like this to make their metrics look good, i.e.
shipped within x number of weeks or fixed within y number of hours. I've
had the local power company change the expected time of repair (turn on
power) so they can say that they beat their expected time. Yes there
are unforeseen problems, etc. but this was especially fishy. The
expected time way originally set at 12 noon. Long around 11AM they
changed the estimate to 1PM and the power was restored at 12:15. See
they beat the estimated time, right.