Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Cheesecake, Not Don Y's 5 hour

On 5/17/2016 8:02 AM, Don Y wrote:

4 eggs 8 eggs

Presumably large eggs?

Yes.

juice of 1 lemon (3 TBS) 6 TBS
3 cups Milk 6 cups
2 tsp. Vanilla 4 tsp. vanilla
1 large Jar of Fruit (optional)
Instructions:

If using canned cherries or crushed pineapples, place them on the
crust before adding the cream cheese filling. (Don Y reduces his
filling, probably a good idea)

No! The pineapple reduction is the most tedious part! It's an hour
and a half standing over the stove with your hand continuously stirring
a hot, sputtering mixture!

Things done that way make for superior results though. I can't stand
that long anyway, but I may try it at least a partial reduction, next time.

I freeze, then slice and place in individual waxed paper "cups"
(so the individual pieces can be easily separated from each other),
then freeze (again) until hard, transfer to a foil covered piece of
cardboard and slide into a covered box (that I have previously rescued
or built) -- just to get it to whomever's home. Hence the added hour.

Never thought about freezing it. Making the large is only a few minutes
more than the small version and we'd have some a few weeks later.