Posted to alt.home.repair
FrozenNorth[_9_] FrozenNorth[_9_] is offline

Default Best Buy sucks

On 2016-05-17 6:06 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 17 May 2016 13:40:33 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 17 May 2016 11:52:50 -0400,
wrote:

I bought an oven on Best Buy (online) on 4/4. Originally the delivery
was 2 weeks, then that became a month and a week, then a month and ~2
weeks, then they just canceled the order, item not available without
informing me in any way (4/22). I did not find out until I enquired
about when they were coming today.

Why anyone would buy major appliances from BestBuy is totally beyond
me. Sane goes gor Home Despot and Lowes.

I had a bad experance on a stove from Lowes. Similar to yours. When I
ordered it I knew there was about a 40 day wait. Got a call about a
month later it was to be deliverid in 2 days, That time passed and not
any call the next day. Called about it and they said it had gotten on
the wrong truck. About 2 weeks later the same thing happened. Emailed
the stove company about what Lowes did and also Lowes headquarters. A
couple of days later a Lowes sales person called and we talked. I Told
them they had a stainless instead of white showing on the computer at
their store. They checked and it was in stock . The wife had changed
her mind and wanted the stainless ,so I told them to send it out. They
did and gave us another 10% off for our trouble.

Where would you buy a major appliance from ? Not too many places to
choose from in the town I am in.

Lots of places here in Kitchener/Waterloo. More just down the road in
Cambridge or Guelph, so even if I lived in Elmira, Conestogo, St
Jacobs or Floradale there is plenty to choose from, most of whom will
deliver anywhere in the area (some for a small charge if "out of
town". If I don't like the local guys I can go to Fergus or Woodstock
and pay a bit more for delivery - and they would put it right into the
kitchen and haul away the old one.

Difference in price between the highest and lowest for the same
product, about 10% to 20% at the very most.

Around here, put the old one to the curb, gone in no time anyways

--
Froz....

---