Posted to alt.home.repair
Micky[_3_] Micky[_3_] is offline

Default mail order, packages and delivery

On Mon, 16 May 2016 15:26:16 -0400, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 5/16/2016 2:01 PM, Oren wrote:
Wally world is where I buy Bayer heart healthy asprin and man
vitimans, A year supply.

I no longer buy meds at Walmart, after three
that didn't work. Rx pain med, antacid,
allergy medicine, some thing else, maybe.

Today I renewed a prescription. Not at Walmart. It's not what I
renewed. It's not even the same kind of drug. It's an antibiotic I
took more than a year ago. Actually I thought the dentist prescribed
it but it's got the urologist's name on it. I don't remember him ever
prescribing an antibiotic. But more important is that that's not
what I renewed. I did call them a month ago to find out what
antibiotic I had gotten the previous time, but we agreed I'd need a
doctor's prescription to get more. Cipro. Wikipedia says " It is
available as a generic medication and not very expensive. Wholesale it
costs between 0.03 and 0.13 USD a dose. In the United States it is
sold for about 0.40 USD per dose.", but I was charged $10 for 14
pills, 70 cents a pill. And get this, it said the retail price
was $60. Frankly, 10 doesn't seem like a lot of money so maybe
wikip is wrong???

The prescription was filled today, so it's not likely they refilled
the other one too, but I'll go or call tomorrow to check before I
request it again. A good thing I didn't wait until the last minute to
start on what should have been a simple project.

At the same place over a year ago, I needed an anti-anxiety pill
to get through an MRI, because I have claustrophobia. They gave me
one twice as strong as prescribed and twice as strong as what was on
their label, and I wrecked the right front wheel of my car, and missed
the MRI. So I got a second prescription and it too was hex-shaped.
There was a mixup so I couldn't have the mri that time either, and
that's when I came across the pictures online and learned that my
dosage is round, hexagon is twice the dosage. So I was going to
save some of the third prescription to show them, but that time they
gave me the right thing.