Posted to alt.home.repair
123dcp 123dcp is offline

Default Remove exterior wall studs from stuccoed wall?

replying to Joe, 123dcp wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but speaking as the owner of a house built in a
similar manner, which was almost certainly code-compliant in 1961, could I
suggest that you consider whether your responses are offensive before posting?

My home, and millions of similar homes do need some repair to be up to modern
standards for excluding water, insulation, etc., but they're not garbage.
People pay north of a million dollars for such homes every day. And when
folks buy older homes, it's generally with the knowledge that when repairs are
made there will need to be some upgrades.

Tom was looking for useful advice on how to improve an existing situation in
someone's home without ripping down sound stucco. Instead of offering
suggestions of how to repair what's behind the stucco without tearing it down
(other sources suggest that It can be done), you decided to be a smart-a$$.
Congratulations on being no help to nayone.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ll-371095-.htm