Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT - Props to Best Buy (Return Policy)

Just giving credit where credit is due...

I wanted to buy a MacBook Pro as a graduation gift for my daughter. It was
on-sale at Best Buy a few weeks ago so I called and asked about their return
policy. I am pretty sure that I know exactly which model she wants, but I
don't want to make a $1300 mistake and be stuck with the wrong model.

When he told me that the return policy was 15 days, I mentioned that it was
on sale for just that week, but her graduation wasn't for another 20+ days.
He said that if I buy it for the sale price, wait a week or so, then ask nicely
at the store, they just might allow me to return it and then buy it right
back - for the same sale price. This would extend the return period past the
graduation date. He couldn't out-right promise me that they would do it, but
he said that the stores do have some leeway regarding returns, "if you
know what I mean."

Lo and behold, it worked! The customer service clerk let me return it and buy
it back at the same price. He coded it as an "exchange" so I can return it after the graduation just in case I bought the wrong model.

I'm a satisfied customer. Way to go Best Buy!