Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default mail order, packages and delivery

On 05/15/2016 10:07 PM, Micky wrote:
I have to give Amazon credit. I've seen it offerred for quite a
while, and I put in my cart a ream of nice paper for $5.40, much lower
than other places wanted. They said it was lower and it was.

Both Staples and Office Depot are barely hanging on but their attempt to
merge was shot down on the grounds that it would reduce competition.
Oddly the regulators didn't notice that Amazon was eating their lunch.

This is nothing against Amazon. office products is only a drop in their
bucket but the brick and mortar stores are not competitive. I have Prime
and use it heavily. If I can purchase it locally I usually do, but in
most cases I can't. Even if a local store is willing to order the items
they won't be on my deck in two days.