Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On 5/15/2016 9:33 AM, HerHusband wrote:
The real ****er is when I'm rendering a 3D animation or something
that the machine just crunches on for a *really* long time -- it
usually can't be "resumed" if the power drops out in the middle.

Yeah, the power always seems to go out when I'm converting or encoding
video. Like you, there's no "resume" I have to start all over again when
the power comes back on.

Exactly. And, often "Save As" only applies to the final result.
So, you can't save your *settings* in case you need to restart.

An example of something software vendors *should* do but are oblivious
to (automatic checkpoints in potentially lengthy processes).