Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On Sun, 15 May 2016 16:43:53 -0000 (UTC), HerHusband
wrote:

My total bill is over $200 but most of it is the bundled satellite.
With the bundle they say the "phone" is only $11 plus about the same
in taxes. The DSL is about $40.

I pay about $70 a month for Comcast cable (internet only).

VOIP phone service from another provider is about $20 a month.

I think Netflix costs me about $25 a month now (DVD and Streaming plans).

Tracfone cell phones cost us under $10 a month per phone (three phones).

Anthony Watson
www.watsondiy.com
www.mountainsoftware.com

So you are paying $90 for a house phone and internet. I think mine
actually comes out less than that but it is hard to tell when they
bundle stuff. If you believe the top line I pay $11 for phone and $35
for DSL but I am not sure how many of those taxes and fees go where.
Just deducting satellite gets me down to about $70 so that number is
probably close.