Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On Friday, May 13, 2016 at 12:55:45 PM UTC-4, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 05/13/2016 01:51 AM, Micky wrote:

[snip]

Sometimes you can buy more extensions for the current phone. In my
case it was cheaper to buy a whole second phone with a base station
and a cordless phone, or maybe I bought that one first, but at least 3
extensions work with either base station (which has either a corded or
non-cordedd phone.)

I have a 3-handset cordless phone that allows up to 10 handsets. I
looked on the internet for extra handsets and they cost so much I was
better off buying another system (and that comes with an extra base, too).

Exactly. As I pointed out, new ones can be had for ~$50, for a base
with answering machine and 3 or 4 handsets. Plus then you get all new
batteries, the new ones are better, etc. I'm about ready myself. On
my 15 year old Panasonic, one of the handsets, the LCD display is shot,
on another it's getting less visible.