Posted to alt.home.repair
Taxed and Spent Taxed and Spent is offline

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On 5/14/2016 6:12 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/14/2016 8:08 AM, Cosmic Dot wrote:

Verizon never showed up. I rescheduled, and all they did was call to
ask if the phone is working. Yes it is, and last night's rain didn't
cause static or loss of service. And we had an electric power outage
on a night with light rain. So I am thinking there never was anything
wrong with my phone, it was replacement or wire maintenance. They
powered down, and off, and did phone repairs, then last night the
electric company did the same thing. Two consecutive Fridays with
overnight outages. Not a coincidence. If they would simply inform us
of outages beforehand !!!! Instead of everyone calling, and
scheduling, and worrying, and spending hours testing their lines and
phones ... they like the drama, and the stealth. But I guess it's
fixed at this point, the real test will be the next soaking rain of 2
days duration.

Strange thing happen with phone lines.. I had an internet connection
problem and complained. After testing they said my line was OK, but the
next day they found the problem two blocks away. Neighbor next door
never had the problem.

a number of times "no problem was found" and then the problem went away.