Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On 5/14/2016 8:08 AM, Cosmic Dot wrote:

Verizon never showed up. I rescheduled, and all they did was call to ask if the phone is working. Yes it is, and last night's rain didn't cause static or loss of service. And we had an electric power outage on a night with light rain. So I am thinking there never was anything wrong with my phone, it was replacement or wire maintenance. They powered down, and off, and did phone repairs, then last night the electric company did the same thing. Two consecutive Fridays with overnight outages. Not a coincidence. If they would simply inform us of outages beforehand !!!! Instead of everyone calling, and scheduling, and worrying, and spending hours testing their lines and phones ... they like the drama, and the stealth. But I guess it's fixed at this point, the real test will be the next soaking rain of 2 days duration.

Strange thing happen with phone lines.. I had an internet connection
problem and complained. After testing they said my line was OK, but the
next day they found the problem two blocks away. Neighbor next door
never had the problem.