Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On Thu, 12 May 2016 12:56:05 -0700, Don Y
wrote:

A battery will usually fix those "Bad" UPSs. They are not horribly
expensive online. That is why I have so many units around here. They
all came with bad batteries for free. I still have a few dead soldiers
back in my shop but I am UPSed out here. ;-)
There only seems to be 2 basic sizes with either 1 or 2 in each UPS
(APC).

That's only for the smaller, consumer-ish units -- 12V 7.2AHr batteries.

I have a couple of these:
http://www.amazon.com/APC-SMART-UPS-1500-SUA1500-UPS/dp/B000T53NE6
Which take the battery pack:

I have one just like that on my TV and sat box and you can replace
that "battery pack" with 2 batteries of equal AH that end up being
about $40 less if you shop around.