Posted to alt.home.repair

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On 05/12/2016 10:55 AM, wrote:

[snip]

My landline adds $11 a month to my Century link bill plus another
$10-15 in taxes but I probably pay those taxes, just for having DSL.
That includes free long distance and a bundle of phone options (caller
ID, conferencing, call waiting, voice mail and about a dozen other
options)

One of the features I have with cable phone is "call forwarding". I find
that very useful at times, to transfer calls to my cell phone when I'm
out. I don't want that all the time because of junk calls, but it's
helpful when I'm expecting a call and want to go out.

BTW, I'm still getting a bunch that have caller ID showing "TOLL FREE
CALL" and mess up my answering machine if it's set for 4 rings. It looks
like there's a message, but it's just some clicking noises followed by a
dial tone and an error message from Suddenlink.

[snip]

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Therefore we Christians, in turn, are obliged not to tolerate their
wanton and conscious blasphemy." [Martin Luther,"On the Jews and Their
Lies",1543]