Deke

Default Closed caption text turn off WITHOUT the remote

"Jacques Carrier" wrote in message
om...
Hi fellow techs,

Is it possible to turn off the closed caption (text mode) from a JVC color

TV
model C-13WL5 made in 1994.The remote control has been lost and I am

tired of
borrowing my friend's remote.The original remote costs $70.
The IC that seems to control the closed caption display is the following:
MN1873237JKH6 (64 pins).Can I turn ON/OFF the closed caption at the IC

level ??
I contacted JVC three times ....but no reply.

Many thanks to all and best wishes for 2004.

Jacques

Buy a learning remote, borrow the friends remote one last time, program the
learning remote.
Be sure and write down what key does what, dont trust your memory. Done.

Deke