Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On 5/11/2016 5:39 PM, wrote:

I'm leaning toward the cordless phone option ..
We have a 2-phone cordless now - buy another & a Y-adapter
or replace with a 4 phone set ...
I just hate the idea of scrapping these gadgets every 5 years !
.... my 3 home phones are all 20 years old & working fine.

SWMBO *prefers* the cordless phones as they have a speakerphone
option. She'd much rather hold the phone in her lap and talk normally
than have to hold it up to her ear.

I keep a (genuine) "trimline" phone hanging in the closet
as a fallback. And, the "long range" cordless base there
as well.

[I've been migrating everything over to VoIP *inside* the house...
but still tethered to a land-line service! The magic of PSTN
gateways! : ]