Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Duffy[_5_] Mike Duffy[_5_] is offline

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On Wed, 11 May 2016 19:43:45 -0400, wrote:

2. other ideas ?

+1 (What everyone else said.) The only advice I want to add is not to
overload the 'ring' generator. If you have too many phones, often the
output stage on the hub does not have the capacity to drive them all
simultaneously, especially if they are old phones with real
solenoid-operated ringers.

Other advice is to REALLY MAKE SURE that the cordless units are the same,
i.e. I took great pains to ensure that my 2nd set of cordless Panasonic
phones corresponded to the same electronic 'standard', but the new ones
don't fit into the old charging bases, not even as required to 'mate' the
handset to the radio ID of the base, let alone charge the batteries. So I
have to remember which handsets go into which charging bases. (Actually, I
don't. I just try whatever handset needs charging into a succession of
bases until I find one that fits...)

--
http://mduffy.x10host.com/index.htm