Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default bye-bye land line telephone

On 5/11/2016 5:03 PM, wrote:
But I need to get all the home phones - somehow - into the single
port on the hub ... doing it "en masse" via the interface seemed
most efficient - but I'm no expert, to say the least - so I'm
looking for ideas ..

You don't need to go *to* the interface. Every phone jack in your home already
goes there! All you need to do is sever the phone company's connection to
your house. I.e., "unplug the RJ11" that's in the TNI box.

Then, just find a nearby jack to pick up the EXISTING wiring to those
other phones.

(Note that if the closest jack is in use with a phone, you can buy one
of those little "Y connectors" that lets you connect two PHONES
(or a phone+answering machine) to a single jack. The Y adapter
won't care whether "you" are a phone, answering machine OR a VoIP
gateway!

"Wire is wire"