Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Residential electricity

On Wed, 11 May 2016 08:30:44 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 4:35:58 PM UTC-4, Retired wrote:
On 5/10/16 4:12 PM, GARYWC wrote:
Isn't "...The only thing they are responsible for...is the meter itself" the same as "the public utility's responsibility ends at...the electric meter?".

Not necessarily.

In CT, here is how our power co defines it for overhead service

https://www.eversource.com/Content/c...ment-ownership

That's interesting. That document states that the customer owns and maintains
the Clevis (House Knob).

In my (non-CT) situation (described in an earlier post) my utility installed
a new house knob for me as part of a disconnect/reconnect so I could repair
my siding. My house knob had been ripped out by an ice-event and they installed
a new one in a more secure location without my even asking. I'm not
complaining, not at all.

Since they are responsible for the drop, it is not unreasonable to
expect that they would want a good thing to anchor it to so they are
not coming back every time the wind blows
They generally go out of their way to be sure the homeowner has no
reason to screw with the service conductors.