Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Residential electricity -2

On Tue, 10 May 2016 18:46:52 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 4:42:09 PM UTC-4, Retired wrote:
On 5/10/16 4:35 PM, Retired wrote:
On 5/10/16 4:12 PM, GARYWC wrote:
Isn't "...The only thing they are responsible for...is the meter
itself" the same as "the public utility's responsibility ends
at...the electric meter?".

Not necessarily.

In CT, here is how our power co defines it for overhead service

https://www.eversource.com/Content/c...ment-ownership

In MA, if underground, homeowner is also responsible for the
underground wires from house to nearest transformer. Ouch !

https://www9.nationalgridus.com/non_...yours-ours.pdf

I was wondering about that too. I have underground service and I
would assume that I'm responsible for it up to some point near the
street.

Typically where it enters the right of way J box