Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default robert shaw thermostat says 'lo bat' but battery is fresh

On 2016-05-08, Douglas wrote:

replying to robert, Douglas wrote:
At the risk of sounding foolish, I discovered my thermostat does not like
Duracell batteries. Convinced that maybe I just had a bad pack, I opened a new
one. Still no good. On a whim, I slipped in another brand that I found loose
in a drawer. I have no explanation for this, other than it worked.

You do not sound foolish, at all!

I've had similar probs with copper-tops. I bought some brand new
Duracell AA bats and put 'em in my brand new Maglite. Came out to my
van at O dark thirty and turned on my brand new everything flashlight.
It was a dark Wintery morning, jes below freezing. The Duracells
would not light! Not even faintly.

later that day, I bought brand new Energizers and put them in my Maglite.
Very next morning, it was about the same time and temp (dark, jes
below freezing) and the flashlight lit up jes fine. I've never bought
another Duracell, again.

nb