Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Driveway Green Moss (Algae?) ?

On Thu, 5 May 2016 08:50:40 -0400, Bob wrote:

Hello,

Live in Mass.
Have an Asphalt driveway that has a considerable amount
of green Moss (algae ?) on it.

Tried Chlorox, right from the jug.
Makes the Moss look unhappy for a few days, then perks right up again.
Obviously, Chlorox won't kill the stuff.

Anything I can buy in HD that comes in an easy to apply jug, that really
and truly works ?

A bit on the elderly side now, so something easy to apply is important.

Thanks, as always,
Bob

I'm sure the Borg will have something, but can't say a brand.

This article states to add liquid dish soap to the bleach solution.

Also see 5 & 6 - related to shady areas.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/kill-moss-blacktop-58355.html