Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

But let me ask another question. I have some old 1960s phone wire. It's 4 wire, and almost stiff. Must be 3 or 4 times thicker than the stuff in my home. If I wire that, directly from the point of demarcation (after the fuses), to the router/modem with RJ45 jack, will it increase the throughput and speed of the DSL connection?

you can put __one__ DSL line filter there and run a dedicated line to the DSL modem and feed all rest of the regular phone lines in the house through the single DSL filter.

As others have said, the DSL will probably not work any better but it does make for a cleaner installation. sometmes easier to troubleshoot problems.

Mark