Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On 05/03/2016 03:02 PM, Cosmic Dot wrote:
On Thursday, April 28, 2016 at 8:47:21 AM UTC-4, Cosmic Dot wrote:
My phones have no dial tone. My DSL internet works fine. When I call my home number from my cell I hear ringing, but the phones in the house don't ring.

[snip]

So it's 4 days later and it's been raining. Now the phone has dial tone with EXTREME static. I didn't report it yet because I think it might be strike related, and I doubt they'll fix it during the strike anyway. So I'll wait to see what happens if it dries out in a few days or a week. If the DSL goes down I'll report it immediately.

Phone works only when wet? Somehow, that could be a grounding problem.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"I think the Zapruder film was arranged [by] Jesus, so that this
particular 'terrible head wound' would be seen by the whole word for
over 3 decades." [John Prewett, net.fundie.idiot]