Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On 04/29/2016 08:36 AM, sms wrote:

[snip]

I can't see paying for 1Gb/s service since there's really no upside.
Even 50Mb/s is more than most any house needs unless you're watching
multiple 4K video streams.

I saw one ad (for 1Gb/s internet) that said you could download a movie
in less than a minute. Maybe some people are in that much of a hurry to
watch a movie.

Lat year, I got a cable internet upgrade from 15Mb/s to 50Mb/s,
requiring a new modem (considering that a TV channel is limited to
somewhere around 36Kb/s, and I needed DOCSIS3, which can use more than
one channel). They have higher speeds, but 50Mb/s still seems fast.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Koranic teaching still insists that the sun moves around the earth. How
can we advance when they teach things like that?" -- Taslima Nasrin Time
magazine, 31st Jan 1994