Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:20:00 -0400, wrote:

Now if only someone would explain what a NID is .. .. .. ..

Since you don't know how to use Google or any other search engone, a
NID is a "network interface device" which generally speaking os a bod
with an RJ type jack on the line side and an RJ type plug on the user
side which plugs in to connect the house to the line and allows you to
plug a phone i n directly to the line, isolating the home wiring for
troubleshooting purposes.

I read newsgroups for a reason. If I had no real life and could spend
ALL my time on the internet, I might spend it googling the web all day
long. And when I have dialup it would take all day.

If somene posts to these newsgroups, it would only make sense to put the
FULL WORDING for initials on the topic at least once. Just common
courtesy. We live in a world with far too many initials, and only people
in that business understand them.

It doesn't take all day to figure out what NID or similar means.
Just to prove it, I just opened a new window, typed "NID phone"
and a whole bunch of hits with the answer was listed. Took less
than 10 secs and the words Network Inteface Device were there.
It would take a couple of mins more if you wanted to click on one
or two for more information.