Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 22:09:42 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 4/28/2016 6:01 PM, Buster wrote:
On 04/28/2016 08:35 PM, bob haller wrote:
main drop cable cracked we had a lot of rain.

the phone tech showed up and said he would install FIOS.

my aunt had no interest in fios anything.

So you have one problem with FiOS and then condemn it? In my opinion,
you're an idiot!

FiOS service is absolutely awesome. Literally millions of people would
trade their crappy slow copper line for FiOS.

Oddly, AT&T is suddenly going gangbusters on FTTH while Verizon was not
wanting to expand FIOS to new areas. Now apparently Verizon has had a
change of heart, probably due to Google and AT&T doing FTTH.

I talked to my company, Century Link and they have no immediate plans
to put FiOS in my area. They tuned up the copper and put more DSL hubs
in so we are getting 10 meg and they sell it as TV and Internet along
with POTS. I think they can double up on the copper and get it up to
20 meg.