Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2016 17:20:10 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

Now if only someone would explain what a NID is .. .. .. ..

NETWORK INTERFACE DEVICE. makes troubleshhoting a breeze

My phone service has a box on the outside of the house which has a plug
just like the plug in phone jacks. I'm assuming this is what it is.

If my phone is not working, I pop off that cover, unplug the whole
house, and plug a (known to work) phone directly into that box. If that
fixes it, then I know the problem is in my house. Otherwise I call the
phone company and it's their job to fix it at no cost to me.