Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On 2016-04-28, wrote:

was, in fact, MY problem. Which I fixed. neener neener.....

He had no dial tone WHERE IT ENTERED THE HOUSE. So it;s his phone
provider's problem (bell or whoever) Dial tone and internet
connection are two totally different issues, although with a cut or
shorted wire he won't get either one. (someone put a shovel or stake
through the cable)

You wanna be right. Fine. You win. But, remember: I had NO DIAL
TONE "WHERE IT ENTERED THE HOUSE"!

Where it enters one's house is NOT the PA. The PA (point-of-access)
is where the point of demarcation is. It could be an NID or something
else. The point of demarcation is where the phone company's
responsibility ends and yers begins. It is often called the PA. It
could be an NID, a cable, or a single twisted pair. Whatever. Argue
with the OP. 8|

nb

So you claim the point of demarkation or point of access esn't where
it enters the house???
Fine but now you are picking at straws just to have something to
dissagree with.