Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On 2016-04-28, trader_4 wrote:

I guess you missed the part where the OP said it's an older home and
there is no NID.

I guess you missed the part where I keep referring to the point of
demarcation or PA (point-of-access) cuz the OP sed he doesn't have an
NID. Duh.

nb

I guess you missed the part where in his very first post it was clear
to everyone but you that the OP was essentially there. He said he
was testing at the wire where it enters the building. And they don't
put a big flag, a sign, or any other marking on the wiring going into
his old house that says "DEMARCATION HERE".

He's at the point where it enters the building. He has no dial tone.
Time to call the phone company, that's what he's paying for.