Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On 2016-04-28, wrote:

was, in fact, MY problem. Which I fixed. neener neener.....

He had no dial tone WHERE IT ENTERED THE HOUSE. So it;s his phone
provider's problem (bell or whoever) Dial tone and internet
connection are two totally different issues, although with a cut or
shorted wire he won't get either one. (someone put a shovel or stake
through the cable)

You wanna be right. Fine. You win. But, remember: I had NO DIAL
TONE "WHERE IT ENTERED THE HOUSE"!

Where it enters one's house is NOT the PA. The PA (point-of-access)
is where the point of demarcation is.

I've never heard it called a PA, never heard the term before.

It could be an NID or something
else.

He said he has no NID.

The point of demarcation is where the phone company's
responsibility ends and yers begins. It is often called the PA. It
could be an NID, a cable, or a single twisted pair. Whatever. Argue
with the OP. 8|

nb

The OP is at the phone line where it enters the house. Sounds like
he's at the point where the phone company's responsibility ends and
his begins, so IDK what you're point is.