Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Phone Wiring Repair

On 04/28/2016 09:18 AM, wrote:

Thanks, sounds a good idea. The system takes the yellow and black wires to a third terminal on the bottom of the block, and they carry to a small block, I think a transformer, that plugs
into a conventional electrical outlet, two pronged. If that goes bad does the whole system lose power? I never thought so because the phones will carry power when there's a power outage,
but what do I know.

There was one of those in my first Apartment (in 1980). Some phones used
the black and yellow wires to power the dial light (even with phone
on-hook). You probably don't need it. Disconnect it.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Every religion in the world that has destroyed people is based on
love." [Anton LaVey]