Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Delta Faucet set screw stuck, then hubby tried to drill outscrew and broke off the tap out. what do i do now?

On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 12:44:05 PM UTC-4, Tammy Longest wrote:
replying to trader_4, Tammy Longest wrote:
Could I try and drill out the tap out? Without getting this off I can not get
the faucet off.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ou-883792-.htm

The tap is hardened steel, basically it's as hard as a drill bit.
Theoretically, with the right drill bit, in the right set up, eg drill
press where you have total control, *maybe*, you could, but even then
I wouldn't waste my time attempting.
Where it is in the sink, with a handheld drill, fuggadaboutit.

I've yet to see a faucet where a set screw keeps you from just removing
and replacing the whole faucet.