Posted to alt.home.repair
Jan Alter Jan Alter is offline

Default Delta Faucet set screw stuck, then hubby tried to drill out screwand broke off the tap out. what do i do now?

On 4/8/2016 9:44 AM, Tammy Longest wrote:
Delta faucet set screw won't budge, so hubby drilled out set screw
placed tap
out and used pliers to turn it when that broke off in the hole. Now what
should we do to get that out and the set screw.

Great dilemma you have. I read a web page of someone else who broke
their thread tap and wanted to drill it out. The suggestion was a
carbide drill bit.

http://www.shopyourway.com/questions/1089302

but I'm also thinking it might be a lot easier time-wise to put in a new
faucet.

Jan Alter