Tom Del Rosso

Default PC KEYBOARD WIRING SCHEMATIC

In ,
typed:
I am trying to wire and old 1920's typewriter to a modern PS/2
connection, AT computer keyboard. I plan to basically remove the
control IC from an old keyboard, and wire each keyswitch connection to
a momentary button, which is hooked to mechanical levers in the
typewriter. Does anyone have a wiring diagram of the internal
keyswitches in a standard PC keyboard. I havent been able to fiond one
online, all i keep getting is PS/2 pinouts, or the pinouts for the IC.
thanks in advance,
-Rich

In addition to the other caveats, the keys in some keyboards are
capacitive, which means they are not really switches at all. They would
be pieces of foil that just press down on top of PCB pads, but with an
insulator in between.

--
-Reply in group, but if emailing add 2 more zeros-
-and remove the obvious-