Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default iPhone code cracked

On 3/29/2016 7:10 AM, Doug Miller wrote:
Micky wrote in
:

No, they didn't ask for that. In fact, though the FBI had the phone,
they were willing to give it to Apple to let them work on it and not
tell anyone else what they did.

... thereby breaking the chain of custody, and rendering any information retrieved by Apple
completely useless for any criminal prosecution -- so says an attorney I heard discussing the
case on the radio a couple of weeks ago.

Who they going to prosecute? The dead terrorist? What they need to
know is what else may be planned and who is involved. I personally
don't care about chain of custody if they pull a bomb out or the garage
down the street from my house.