Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Flyback replacement on a historical arcade machine.

"Top Cat" wrote in message
I hope someone can help me.

I have an extremely old CRT attached to a Space Invaders B&W arcade cabinet.
There is no available schematic, that I can find. The flyback has died but
there is no modern replacement, mainly because the documentation for the
historical model is non existent. So I dont know the input or output
voltages, I have no circuit diagram, and I cannot find anything to determine
what its input/output parameters can be. I do have the old flyback, I know
the monitor size, and I have the actual circuit.

The model is marked as "Toei GM-140 TV MONITOR". It was produced around
1979; or from 1976 onwards.

My question is this: Can one retro/reverse engineer or somehow determine
what modern equivalent could replace a flyback in this circumstance. Is
this possible?

YOu may want the game to stay as it is, but if you just want to play the
game, you may want to look at some of the converter boards made that will
let you use a VGA type of display, either CRT or the newer LED types.