Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default No Gorbal warming...in...58 yrs....

On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 22:45:19 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 11 Mar 2016 18:52:03 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

The wood stove heats laundry or dish water as hot as needed. One of
the thermocouple channels displayed upstairs is dedicated to water
or
food temperature, with a new Inconel probe because I don't know the
previous use of the second-hand probes.

I wouldn't reuse an old probe in food, either. How are you plumbed
the wood stove?

There's no plumbing in the stove, I heat laundry water on top in
kettles and pour them into the washing machine. I keep my firebrick
collection stacked under the stove in case some day the added weight
of the water might collapse a leg.

So it's automated via cheap help? Got it.

--
Our main business is not to see what lies dimly at
a distance but to do what lies clearly at hand.