Sofie

Default HP Pavillion MX75 monitor

Bill:
Way to much non-technical information in your post...... doe she have reason
to think you are lying and have really screwed up her monitor? ...... I
really don't want you to answer that question.
Yes, monitors and televisions can and do fail in just a few years or
less..... and a replacement cheap monitor is less than a hundred bucks.....
or pay a little more a get a larger screen or even a plasma flat screen so
"she" wont' be "****ed" at you any more. Maybe you can score a few points
with the new monitor upgrade.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Bill" wrote in message
Here's the deal; Less than two years ago she and I both bought identical
Hewlett Packard Pavilion 742c pc's on the same day cuz they were a great
price. I have worked in the computer field for the last several years and
have owned and built several in that time. This is her first computer.

We
have both of our identical pc's networked in the same room. Tonight she
comes in, turns on her pc and says to me that her monitor looks weird.

When
I look at it, I notice that it has what looks like to me to be classic
symptoms of a picture tube going bad. The colors at the corners are

fading
to pastels. I told her it looks like her monitor is going bad. The
computer is less than two years old . Now she is blaming me for her bad
monitor cuz I was doing some work in the room around the pc, but I have
assured her that I never touched her monitor in any way. She can't
understand why MY monitor is still fine and hers has decided to start
screwing up. I have had pc's for years and explained to her that computer
monitors simply don't have the same lifespan as TV's and usually last only

fraction thereof. Still, I agree that her monitor is WAY too new to be
wearing out (under two years!). I also told her that, unfortunately, I
don't think there is much we can do about it as I am sure the monitor is

way
out of warranty. She is ****ed and has accused me of lying and doing
something to mess her monitor up. Has anybody else ever had a monitor go
bad prematurely? What is the average lifespan of a computer monitor? Has
anyone heard of HP monitors being particularly short-lived.

Thanks for your advice on this,

Bill