Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default 70 year old shop liquidation

Looks like a platter or shallow bowl lathe. Large faceplate.

Without a large faceplate, it might have been (or could be) a bowl lathe.

No idea on the bearing as to weight and thrust ability but it looks
ample. That really tells.

Lots of good tools so it seems. Is this a 3 phase shop ? maybe!

I have 3 phase high voltage (370) in my metal shop. Wood end is all
130v or 110v depending on the age not voltage in the wall.

Martin

On 2/9/2016 11:21 PM, Electric Comet wrote:
have never seen one like this and i do not mean the lathe on the right
i mean the one straight ahead

http://images.craigslist.org/00T0T_k...iN_600x450.jpg

the ad for the entire contents of the shop

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tls/5440824521.html