Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
graham[_5_] graham[_5_] is offline

Default interesting lathe allows tailstock to pivot back

On 2016-02-02 21:18:57 +0000, Electric Comet said:

another make i have never heard of
this is part of why i look at craigslist

https://sanantonio.craigslist.org/tls/5397792520.html

looks very well robust

the motor on that is large

Brent English (owner) makes a great lathe, The American Beauty has been
my dream lathe since I saw S/N 2 at the Portland Symposium years ago

I learned of it only recently. I have a General 160 that I power through
a jack shaft for lower speeds and it seems to be causing problems with
excess vibration.
I'd like to upgrade to one in the Robust/Oneway class. The Laguna
appears to be a good but less expensive alternative.
Graham