Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sherwood RX-5502 Receiver Protection Shutdown, Repair, thoughts wanted...

T Wood wrote: "electrodepot.com. I replied through that web site. I have no idea what Usenet
is. I just know there is at least one ass that like calling people idiots "

Most folks born after 1980 wouldn't. Basically,
usenet WAS the internet. A worldwide "distributed
discussion system" according to Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

And many traditional Usenet users become very
irate and take it personal when someone - like
me - interacts with usenet groups via Google or
some other non-standard usenet interface.
What they see coming into the group from
a non-NNTP source is out of the ordinary that
the context of the message is lost.

But still, no reason for them to be jerks about it.