Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default TIP: long stem, blind, snap rivet reuse.

Incidently I find about 20 percent of the tank failures I come across is
failure of the connections to the outside world corrossion or insulated
wires breaking or solder failure at the flexing point ,70percent are
failure of the 200R coil at the fine wire soldered terminals and only
10% of the time the 200R coil has a break inside somewhere.
So just because they lead out the coil wires too tight to the terminals,
so easily sorted out without taking the spring anchors and iron
pole-piece segments apart.