Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Key contact restoration

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 5:40:15 PM UTC-8, Gareth Magennis wrote:

...really only
interested in having some way to program it, now he has destroyed the input
capability.
He just wants some way of using it in his studio, aesthetics are not part of
the equation.

I'm thinking I could perhaps knock up a 16 way keypad and hardwire it in,
say, 5 hours? (not counting the hours of research I am currently
undertaking)

Oh, just buy a 4x4 keyypad, they[re not completely unavailable

https://www.adafruit.com/products/1611

Hand-wiring would be one way. If the buttons magically line up, just cut the membrane
part off and do a transplant.