Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Key contact restoration

On Sat, 16 Jan 2016 20:32:28 -0000, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

How to quote properly with Windoze Live Mail:
http://www.dusko-lolic.from.hr/wlmquote/
Mo
https://www.google.com/#q=windows+live+mail+usenet+quote

The customer has said he wants the keyboard for his own use, so doesn't
require it to be restored to original condition, so I am now thinking I
might be able to find a 16 way keypad and wire it directly to the switching
matrix, and pretty much glue it to the top panel.
(He now realises ripping out the old pads because they didn't work properly
was not a good idea. I think he has been using a screwdriver to operate the
pads)

Well, if you're going to butcher the synth, then it might be possible
to just solder in some switches with a long shaft. Something like
these:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221708447229
Yes, that's 100 pcs for $1.74. I bought 1,000 and no problems. The
extra long shaft is handy for attaching a push button. If it sticks
through the synth panel, you win.

It will need some hacking because from memory, 0 - 7 have a common line, 8 &
9 use part of another, and the other switches I think are kind of random in
the matrix.

No hacking required with the above suggestion.

Am I getting a commission on this deal?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D