Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default JBL Radial Ipod speaker dock, how to get inside?

On 16/01/2016 00:12, Gareth Magennis wrote:

"N_Cook" wrote in message ...
Removed the 2 sub base eye shaped pieces and loads of screws.
The two leg struts will separate with a blade but the split extends no
further with the size of blade I'm (so far) prepared to lever with, 2
seaparate the 2 main sections of the ring casing.
Model number 1012?, 700 0050 ?

New one, warranty, 60 quid.
Clearly not designed to be repaired.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Radial-B.../dp/B000K20L4I

Gareth.

Elsewhere I read
"To further disassemble the unit, you have to remove the mesh screen on
the back side of the unit, then you can access the screws that hold the
two halves of the donut together. I was able to do that by prying on the
bottom edge with a knife. The screen is glued in place and has some
little tabs as well."
I think I can interpret what that means, and will reattack later today