Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Look165 Look165 is offline

Default Key contact restoration

First, clean the PCB with domestic alcool or the good old KF from
Siceront KF (Now F2).
Second, rip the keys contacts with fine abrasive so it is clean.
Third apply some (silver) conductive ink (Microworks for instance).

It's done (let dry 10mn).

I did it for a TV remote control and it works perfectly.

The more simple is often the best !

Contacts are around 0.1 ohm !

Gareth Magennis a écrit :
Hi,

I have a very old synthesiser where the top panel rubber contact
switches no longer work, because the owner has removed the contact strips.

This is the synth:
http://www.vintagesynth.com/sci/stk.php

The contact rubbers are pretty much 10cm x 10cm x 10cm cubes, but they
have a rather large contact footprint.
The corresponding PCB contact gap between the two lands that need to be
bridged is also rather large.
http://tinypic.com/r/14xdmo3/9

So, I am looking into the possibility of replacing the missing buttons
by cannibalising a somewhat more contemporary keypad that has extra
large contacts.

Here's a typical example I found at Farnell. It might be possible to
cut it up and glue it to the keyboard and make things work, if the
contacts are large enough.
http://uk.farnell.com/storm-interfac...rey/dp/9810064

Anyone any such experience here?

I know it's a long shot.