Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default Baker AWA12000 - Advanced Winding Analyzer III - trying toarchive hard drive

On 2016-01-14, John Robertson wrote:
So, the operating system is W2K, the copies boot up fine, they just
won't run the Baker code.

Can you describe what you're doing? So this is a sector-level backup.
So, the serial volume ID is the same, right?

C:\Users\kazdir
Volume in drive C is Local Disk
Volume Serial Number is 5E2C-F3E2

How are you booting the copies? Are you swapping hard drives into the
same AWA unit? If so, it could be that the software is licensed to the
hard drive serial number. (Not the above Windows volume ID).

It turns out I just wasn't waiting long enough for the IDE copier to
finish the job. I now have working backup/archive drives. If there is a
serial number it has been copied over.

Thanks for getting back to me though!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com