Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Key contact restoration

On Fri, 15 Jan 2016 02:56:51 +0000 (UTC), Kaz Kylheku

On 2016-01-15, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016 23:01:20 -0000, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:

Anyone any such experience here?
I know it's a long shot.

Google for "mold your own rubber parts" or "cast your own rubber
parts". Lots of lousy videos on YouTube on how to mold rubber parts.
I use Plaster of Paris for the mold, Devcon Flexane 94 Liquid 15250
two part urethane rubber

The resin part of this evidently contains some isocyanate monomers;
careful with that!

Beware the smell of bitter almonds (apologies to Sherlock Holmes):
http://news.wustl.edu/news/Pages/20916.aspx
I've smelled them while plating some copper PCB edge connectors with
electroless silver, which is basically silver cyanide. When I tasted
the rotten almonds, I was already in a stupor and had to be dragged
from the building for some fresh air. I've worked with Flexane 94 a
few times and survived. Wear gloves and don't inhale the vapors:
http://www.actiocms.com/VIEW_MSDS/view_language_kits2.cfm?edit_msds_id=4328&dbname=p roduction&language=1&format=16&CFID=11369918&CFTOK EN=1c713f7731a98b98-A229D917-9DA3-18D9-6BC94692623356A2
At 10-20% of solution by weight, it's not going to be very potent.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

---